“As we age, we can start to lose volume in certain areas of our face, which can make us look tired and sunken. So dermal fillers are great to refresh, lift and add symmetry to the face.” -Nanda Penido
Dermal Filler Injections Brisbane and Gold Coast
Dermal Fillers are hyaluronic acid in a gel-like form. We naturally produce hyaluronic acid in our bodies however, with ageing, we produce less and less of it. Dermal Filler immediately adds volume and smooths out wrinkles and creases in targeted areas. Dermal fillers are non-surgical options that can reshape areas around our face, add volume and contour the cheeks, chin, jawline, temple, tear troughs and lips as well as the neck decolletage and hands.
It is such a great treatment to reduce signs of ageing and, therefore, restore and enhance youthful curves.
Treatment time: 45-50 mins
How Dermal Filler works
Dermal filler injections contain hyaluronic acid (HA) – that stabilises structure, attracts and binds water, and improves skin elasticity. HA fills the space of volume loss and stimulates skin cell renewal.
How long until I see the results?
Unlike anti-wrinkles, treatment results are visible immediately. However, we give it one to two weeks for the filler to settle completely and have its optimal result.
How long does Dermal Filler last for?
Dermal Fillers can last from six to twelve months, depending on the area treated and the product used. The dermal filler will gradually and naturally be metabolised in the body. Regular treatments will help to maintain results.
We have a few Premium Dermal Filler brands available in the clinic. Choice of the brand is based on assessment and indication on a case by case so that we can prescribe the optimal Dermal Filler for your treatment. Due to advertising legalities, we cannot publish the brand name of prescription medicines.
Advise your clinician if you
- Have an auto-immune disorder
- Are regularly taking anticoagulation therapy (i.e.: Warfarin,) Heparin
- Have a severe metabolic or systemic disorder
- Have active sunburn, eczema or psoriasis
- Are currently taking antibiotics
- Are under 18 years of age
- Avoid blood-thinning medication such as aspirin, ibuprofen, Ginkgo Biloba and fish oil one week prior to treatment
- Avoid alcohol
- Have a meal and increase your water intake
What to expect right after the Dermal Filler treatment
- Redness in the treatment area which is usually resolved within 24 hours
- Swelling in the treatment area, which is usually resolved within three to seven days
- Bruising, which is usually resolved in seven to ten days
- Tenderness to the touch, which is usually resolved in two to five days, improving with time
- Localised pain, mild to moderate, usually resolved in two to five days, improving with time
- Keep the injection site clean
- Avoid touching the injection sites for 4-6 hours
- Keep your head upright for at least 4 hours post-treatment
- Avoid pressure treatments such as massage, facials, waxing the area treated and micro pigmentation for 2 weeks
- Avoid strenuous exercise and heat (e.g. saunas, LED) for 24 hours
- Take antihistamines as required to reduce swelling
- Apply a cool compress to the site for ten minutes every hour on the day of treatment but do not apply ice
- Avoid facial treatments immediately after treatment
- Avoid excessive pressure or any ‘facing-down’ (e.g. massage) treatments for 24 hours
- Avoid lipsticks, AHA, retinols, vitamin C or oil-based makeup for 24 hours
- Avoid long-haul flights for four weeks
Dermal Filler is not recommended for anyone who
- Has an autoimmune condition
- Is hypersensitive to product ingredients
- Currently has an active infection in the area to be injected
- Is under investigation with GP for any health issues
- Is pregnant or breastfeeding
- Has received a vaccination for COVID-19 or influenza within the last 2 weeks, or vaccination for Tetanus in the last 6 weeks or has a vaccination planned within the next 2 weeks
- Has any planned surgical procedure 4 weeks pre or post appointment
- Has any planned Laser procedure 2 weeks pre/post appointment
- Have had a recent major dental work (e.g. wisdom tooth removal, root canal, crowns…) or is planning to have any dental procedures in the next 2 weeks.
- Have a long-haul flight booked within the next two weeks
A follow-up appointment is recommended 2 weeks after the treatment as we would like to ensure you are happy with the results and optimum results have been achieved. During the follow-up appointment, pictures are taken to compare results with the before pictures. We also book your next appointment in 4-6 months’ time so that you can maintain your results.
Premium Lip Filler
Dermal Filler to the lips creates volume, height, projection and hydration.
* Pricing is for 1ml of Dermal Filler script if indicated for you upon consultation and assessment.
Premium Cheek Filler
Premium long-lasting Dermal Filler 1ml “glamorisation”. It creates volume, contouring of the cheeks and helps with fine lines around the area.
Contour Your Cheek Package
Premium long-lasting Dermal Filler 2ml “volume and contour”. It creates volume and contouring of the cheeks and helps with fine lines around the area.
Premium Thick Dermal Filler, lasts up to 12-18 months. It helps to balance the side profile by adding length and projection to your chin and thus balancing the lower face.
Premium Thick Dermal Filler, lasts up to 2 years. Dermal Fillers to the Jawline help to contour, define and restore loss of volume around the area. This treatment creates a more crisp and defined lower face using 2 ml of filler.
Premium Derma Filler, lasts 12-18 months. Usually, 1ml of Dermal Filler to Nasolabial fold is enough to restore volume loss and gently fill out the heavy line between your nose and mouth.
Marionette lines are the lines seen running down from the corner of your lips to the chin, the line that makes you look sad. Usually, 1ml Dermal Filler is used to treat and soften those lines effectively.
Premium Soft Dermal Filler which lasts up to 12 months. Tear trough filler softens and lifts the hollows underneath the lower eyelid. This creates a blended effect and removes sharp demarcation lines to allow for a softer and more youthful appearance around the eye. It also improves darkness under the eyes. The tear trough filler adds a layer of gel above the dark blood vessels under the eyes, which helps to reduce under-eye darkness that is visible through the semi-translucent under-eye skin.
Barcode lines also known as “smoker’s lines” are the vertical lines that form around the mouth through repeated movements and contractions of the mouth muscles throughout the years.
Before and after
She takes the time to listen to your concerns offering real advice and delivering results that are natural.
I had a couple of horror experiences at large well known clinics over the years, which left me a bit shy of trying new cosmetic treatments. Deciding to give it another shot and seeing Nanda from DeluxeYou was my best decision! She’s so thorough, and her clinical skills and knowledge are incredible. She takes the time to listen to your concerns offering real advice and delivering results that are natural. I highly recommend visiting DeluxeYou if you need a little TLC. They will definitely help you achieve great results and rescue the best version of yourself.
ABOUT THE INITIAL
Nurse Nanda has been trained in a variety of injectable treatments that will help you to restore volume loss and highlight your best features. Minimise fine lines and wrinkles, and contour your facial structure for a fresher and more youthful look.
The initial consultation takes 15 minutes, and if you decide to go ahead with the treatment on the day, we will waive the consultation fee for you.
Face-to-face Consultations: $55
Online Consultations: Free
Together with our telehealth Doctors, we will work with you to develop and implement a personalised cosmetic injectable treatment plan to enhance your natural features and reach your aesthetic goals.
View The Results
If you are ready, you can start the treatment on the same day as your initial consultation. We will take some photos to compare later on during your follow-up appointment.