“The secret for a dewy, glowing looking skin that at the same time hydrates and improves skin quality…… shhhh, don’t tell anyone that the secret lies in the skin boosters’ treatments”. – Nanda Penido
Skin Boosters Brisbane and Gold Coast
Skin Boosters are micro-injections that are composed of dermal fillers injected into the skin. Unlike traditional dermal fillers, they are not injected beneath the skin to volumize or shape the face. Instead, they are very fine dermal fillers that hydrate and improve skin quality. Skin boosters are generally used on the face but can also be applied on your lips, neck, and the back of your hands and last up to 2 years.
Down Time: NO
Treatment Time: 45mins
How Skin Boosters work
It contains pure hyaluronic acid (HA) that maintains moisture in your skin. It stimulates fibroblasts that increase collagen production and the natural HA found inside your skin that overall improves your skin tone and texture.
What to expect right after treatment
After the treatment, you may experience redness or minor swelling that will subside after 2 to 3 days.
How long does it take to see results
As for the results, it usually takes about 3 months to fully see the effect of getting skin boosters, although it is gradually noticeable.
- Avoid blood-thinning and anti-inflammatory medication (e.g. aspirin ibuprofen, fish oil, and St John’s wort) one week prior
- Advise your clinician if you are:
- Taking blood thinning medication
- Is using or have used Ibuprofen in the past 48 hours
- Had recent dental treatment
- Have a long-haul flight booked for the next 2 weeks
- Have an autoimmune health condition
- Keep the injection site clean
- Avoid touching the injection sites for 4-6 hours
- Avoid pressure treatments (e.g. massage, facials, waxing the area treated and micropigmentation for 2 weeks.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and heat (e.g. saunas) for 24 hours
- Take antihistamines as required to reduce swelling
Apply a cool compress to the site for ten minutes every hour, on the day of treatment but do not apply ice Avoid facial treatments immediately after treatment
- Avoid excessive pressure or any ‘facing-down’ (e.g. massage) treatments for 24 hours
- Avoid lipsticks, AHA, retinol, vitamin C or oil-based makeup for 24 hours
- Avoid long-haul flights for four weeks
Skin Boosters are not recommended for anyone who
- Is hypersensitive to ingredients including hyaluronic acid, lidocaine, amide-type local anesthetic and strep type-A gram-positive bacterial proteins.-Is pregnant or breastfeeding
- Is under the age of 18
- Has an acute or chronic infection
- Has a history of, or susceptibility to, keloid formation or hypertrophic scarring
- Has skin sores, cysts, pimples, rashes, hives or infection at the treatment area
- Has had any cosmetic injectable treatment within the last 2 weeks
- Has any planned surgical procedure 4 weeks pre or post appointment
Follow-up appointment post treatment is recommended as we would like to ensure you are happy with the results and optimum results have been achieved. During Follow up appointment, we will take pictures to compare the results with the before pictures. We also re-book your next appointment in 4-6 weeks from your first session as per treatment protocol so that you can maintain and achieve optimum results.
3 treatment sessions
A protocol of 3 treatments is recommended for optimal results. Treatment sessions should be done four to six weeks apart.
Thanks Deluxe You for the great job and professionalism!!! I am over the moon with the results!! Highly recommend.
ABOUT THE INITIAL
Nurse Nanda has been trained in a variety of injectable treatments that will help you to restore volume loss and highlight your best features. Minimise fine lines and wrinkles, and contour your facial structure for a fresher and more youthful look.
The initial consultation takes 15 minutes, and if you decide to go ahead with the treatment on the day, we will waive the consultation fee for you.
Face-to-face Consultations: $55
Online Consultations: Free
Together with our telehealth Doctors, we will work with you to develop and implement a personalised cosmetic injectable treatment plan to enhance your natural features and reach your aesthetic goals.
View The Results
If you are ready, you can start the treatment on the same day as your initial consultation. We will take some photos to compare later on during your follow-up appointment.